Friday, April 13, 2007

Fear and Loathing in Maximum City

It has not been scientifically proven whether using two seminal works of literature by two popular writers of our generation, in the post headline, will lead to a microscopic increase in the hit rate of my blog, but then I am too desperate to not try.

Another macrotome looms ahead. I have nothing to do except drown myself in mindless decastich, voice-less cyber loitering and perhaps even in a fit of quiet desperation, an India-less Super Eight matchup.

It's been a promising weekend gone wrong. Taffrail will be somewhere in California, another friend is off to Delhi, others are busy with their life. I was toying with the thought of going to Ursula Major over the weekend but the tickets were coming to be too expensive.

Perhaps I will discover newer depths of solitude, perhaps I will conquer a phobia, perhaps I will cook a new dish and throw it into the dustbin, perhaps I will find a cure for insomnia, perhaps I will renegotiate my contract with humanity, perhaps I will pay the telephone bill.

It can only get better from here.

NOTE: If some of this does not make sense, replace the word 'macrotome' with 'weekend', decastich with 'television', 'Ursula Major' with 'Calcutta' and 'taffrail' with 'wife'. If it still doesn't, you are welcome to join me this weekend. Together we can go mad.

No comments: