Sunday, June 11, 2006

KL Journal #1

Mumbai Intl. Airport Lounge
6/10/2006 1:20 AM

Lounges can be very boring places if you have forgotten to pay a visit to the friendly airport bookseller. I have not, but the point is Gini has just disappeared somewhere and I am left holding the bags. So I cannot go anywhere till she comes back. So I am left staring that the boring information screens, sleepy kids bawling at their irritated jet setting Moms and totally bored airport attendants. Gini’s back. So it’s now my turn to go for a walk!

Even more boring. The only shops open at this hour are the duty-free shops and the coffee shops. As if some Greater Force has ordained that at this hour, the only stimulation that one can access is either alcohol or caffeine. Shit! I should have brought a book along. In the absence of that I read baggage tags, information kiosks. Shit! I can’t even smoke. For the next 8 hours!

No comments: